BIOS Upgrade R0248E0
This BIOS Upgrade fixes following issues :
- Add support for Microsoft Bluetooth Stack
1. Download Instructions
1. Download the fileR0248E0_UF.exe, and save it to a download directory (ex. C:\Download\).
2. Create the BIOS Upgrade Floppy :
1. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-clickR0248E0_UF.exe.
2. Insert an empty Floppy Disk into the floppy disk drive.
3. Click OK.
4. All data on the floppy will be deleted as the floppy will be formatted.
5. Please follow the online instructions.
6. Creating the BIOS Update Floppy can take a few minutes.
7. When the "WinImage Self Extractor"-window is closed, the BIOS Update Floppy has been created.
Important Notice :
Before starting please assure that your VAIO is connected to the external power source using the AC adapter.
Do not remove the power or the floppy from the FDD (or CD from CD-ROM drive) while the BIOS upgrade is in process.
Do not stop the BIOS upgrade procedure while in progress.
Any of the above, could severely damage your system
3. Updating the BIOS :
1. Leave the BIOS Update Floppy Disk you"ve just created in the floppy disk drive.
2. Restart the notebook, so it will boot from the floppy disk.
3. A message appears on the screen asking you if you want to update the BIOS. Type "y" to proceed.
4. Please wait, as the update of the BIOS will take a few minutes to complete. Once the update is complete, the notebook will automatically turn off.
5. Eject the BIOS Upgrade Floppy from the drive.
4. How to check the BIOS version :
1. Turn on the computer.
2. Press F2 to enter BIOS Setup when Sony Logo appears
3. Confirm that the BIOS Version is "R0248E0" in the BIOS Setup.
4. Press the F9 key to load default BIOS configuration. "Yes" is highlighted. Press Enter to confirm.
5. Press the F10 key to save changes and exit. "Yes" is highlighted. Press Enter to confirm.
6. After this your system will boot again and start up Windows.
Please read the following carefully. Sony Corporation will not be responsible for any problems caused by customer"s improper operation when customers did not follow the below instructions.
1. Make sure to follow the instruction correctly in this program.
2. This program is only for the above stated Sony VAIO notebooks.
3. This program is protected by the property rights. Customers are not allowed to deliver a copy, or use in a way Sony does not determine.
4. Sony Corporation is not responsible for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly from using this program.
Sony, VAIO and the VAIO logo are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Microsoft, MS, MS-DOS, Windows and the Windows logo are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.
All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners
Nome del file
Struttura del file
- 32 bit
- 490.27 Kb
Data del rilascio