My modem connection, via my internal Conexant modem, keeps getting disconnected - How can I upgrade the driver for my modem (version 2.14.14)?
NOTE: This solution (and driver update) applies only to the following VAIO models with Windows 98 Second Edition preinstalled:
- Create a new folder to place theModem Driver Upgradefile downloaded from your models download section and name itDownloadfolder.
- Download the file into theDownloadfolder.
- When the download is complete, clickStart, point toProgramsand then clickWindows Explorer.
- Browse to theDownloadfolder you created, and select theMDU_con_21414.exefile
- ClickViewand then clickDetails.
- UnderSize, check the size ofMDU_con_21414.exe- If the size is the same as mentioned on the download page, the download is successfully completed.
- If the size is different to the size mentioned above, delete the file you have downloaded and proceed with the download again.
- TheMDU_con_21414.exefile you have downloaded is a self-extracting file.
- Double-click theMDU_con_21414.exeicon - aWinZip Self-Extractordialogue box will appear.
Driver update instruction
Please follow the instructions below to update the driver:
- ClickStart, point toSettings, and then clickControlPanel.
- Double-click theAdd/RemoveProgramsicon.
- ClickConexant SoftK56 Modemand then clickAdd/Remove.
- ClickOKto confirm.
- Wait until the drivers are uninstalled and clickOKto close theAdd/Remove Programs Propertieswindow.
- Restart your VAIO.
- TheAdd New Hardware Wizardwill now appear - clickNext.
- Keep the default selection and clickNext.
- SelectSpecify a locationand specify the path where you unzipped the new Conexant drivers, (i.e.C:\ Download), clickNextand then clickNextagain.
- TheAdd New Hardware Wizardwill confirm theConexant PCI Modem Enumeratorinstallation. ClickFinish.
Update for KLSI USB-Ethernet driver
In order to resolve your issue completely, it is also necessary to update the driver for the KLSI USB-Ethernet driver of your VAIO docking station. You will find the relevant driver update and the installation procedure on our web site under the download section for the PCG-F700 series ( This does not apply to the VAIO PCG-Z600NE).
Nome del file
Struttura del file
- 32 bit
- 1.34 Mb
Data del rilascio