Firmware Update for CD-RW Drive (Hitachi-LG GCE-8400B)
This program updates Firmware on the following VAIO Desktop models, equipped with Hitachi-LG GCE-8400B, running Windows XP
This Firmware update resolves the following issue:
- When a Music CD is written by RealOne Player, this audio-CD cannot be read by other media players.
IMPORTANT NOTES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Do not shutdown the computer while the Firmware update procedure is in progress.
- Do not stop the Firmware update procedure while it is in progress.
- Not following any of the above, could severely damage your system
If your machine is equipped with aHitachi-LG GCE-8400B CD-RW Drive:
- Right-clickMy Computerand clickProperties.
- Click theHardwaretab and clickDevice Manager.
- Find now which DVD-ROM drive you have.
- IfHL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400Bappears in the list, please use thisF/W Update.
- If the above does not appear in the list, this patch does not apply.
Download the Upgrade:
- Double-clickHitachiLG GCE-8400B.
- Select a folder, where this file will be saved to, for exampleC:\Hitachi
Update the Hitachi-LG GCE-8400B CD-RW-Drive:
- Open theWindows Explorerand go to the folder (C:\Hitachi) where the file (GCE-8400B_SONY_1.03.exe) has been saved.
- Double- clickGCE-8400B_SONY_1.03and the Firmware update will start automatically.
- When the updating is done, click on the close-button and restart the computer
Verify the firmware version of the Hitachi-LG GCE-8400B CD-RW Drive
- ClickStart, point toPrograms,Sonic Stageand then clickBacking Up Audio CDs.
- SelectHL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400Bdrive.
- The version of the firmware 1.30. is mentioned behindHL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B.
- If the version is not1.30, then update theHitachiLG GCE-8400B CD-RW-Driveagain.
Nome del file
Struttura del file
- 32 bit
- 468 Kb
Data del rilascio